Welcome to Suzuka the venue of the 4th Round of the World SimSports GT3 Championship Powered by NRT Game servers. Andika Rama Maulana took the spoils at Watkins Glen over Arwin Taruna who finished a very close second. Arwin retains his lead in the driver’s Championship, a clear 18 points over Niranjan Kumar. Vorteks Simsport Asia have a healthy lead in the Team Championship with a 58 points.
The circuit can be used in five configurations; the car full circuit, the motorcycle full circuit, the “Suzuka east,” “Suzuka west car,” and “Suzuka west motorcycle” configurations. The “east” portion of the course consists of the pit straight to the first half of the Dunlop curve (turn seven), before leading back to the pit straight via a tight right-hander. The “west” course is made up of the other part of the full circuit, including the crossover bridge; the straight leading to the overpass is used for the start/finish line and the grid. The chicane between the hairpin and 200R separates the west and full course sections between cars and motorcycles.
Points to Note for drivers;
- Layout – We will be using the Full Loop layout. You can find the track here.
- Starting Procedure – At the green light, at pit limiter speed, proceed to the exit of turn 2 in single file. At this point (shown in the diagram) your race will start. Drivers should not overtake until after T2.
- Pits –Pit limit is 99 kph (61mph). On pit exit respect the White line and merge with caution. Be aware of cars exiting the pits.
- Sim Sync– As always please run SimSync before joining the server on Friday to make sure you are fully up to date with the latest skin additions.
- Other Notes –
- This is likely to be a race with a healthy field and a wide range of abilities. There have been some issues with driving quality in recent races and we expect that all drivers will have read our rules of conduct. We ask that you show humility and sportsmanship at all times. This is a friendly community.
- Please do not post in text chat while people are racing, this can be very distracting!
Round 4of the WSS Asia at Suzuka will start at 10:00 UTC+0 on 2nd February 2109. Current standings for the series can be found here
Driver Stewards will remain as Simon Marshall and Pol Faustino for both events.
Entries for the series are still possible, as are bespoke car skins from our admin team. If you are not registered and wish to take part we would love to accommodate you! See the links in the title bar for details.