Welcome to Circuit Zandvoort, the venue for Round 4 of the WSS Europe GT3 Championship Powered by NRT Game Servers. Michal Nizio took the chequered flag at Watkins Glen after qualifying P5. Nizio extends his lead in the Championship by 19 points over Harris Muhammad. Team HME Amsterdam lead the Team Championship after a great team effort at the Glen.
Zandvoort gained popularity because of its fast, sweeping corners such as Scheivlak as well as the “Tarzanbocht” (Tarzan corner) hairpin at the end of the start/finish straight. Tarzanbocht is the most famous corner in the circuit. Since there is a camber in the corner, it provides excellent overtaking opportunities. It is possible to pass around the outside as well as the easier inside lane. This corner is reportedly named after a local character who had earned the nickname of Tarzan and only wanted to give up his vegetable garden in the dunes if the track’s designers named a nearby corner after him.
- Layout – We will be using the GP layout. You can find the track here.
- Starting Procedure – At the green light, at pit limiter speed, proceed to the exit of turn 2 in single file. At this point (shown in the diagram) your race will start. Drivers should not overtake until after T2.
- Pits –Pit limit is 90 kph (56mph). On pit exit respect the white line and merge with caution. Be aware of cars exiting the pits.
- Sim Sync– As always please run SimSync before joining the server on Friday to make sure you are fully up to date with the latest skin additions.
- Other Notes –
- This is likely to be a race with a healthy field and a wide range of abilities. There have been some issues with driving quality in recent races and we expect that all drivers will have read our rules of conduct. We ask that you show humility and sportsmanship at all times. This is a friendly community.
- Please do not post in text chat while people are racing, this can be very distracting!
Round 4 of the World Simsports GT3 Europe Championship at Zandvoort will start at 20:00 UTC on 1st Febuary 2019
Driver Stewards will remain as Simon Marshall and Pol Faustino for both events.
Entries for the series are still possible, as are bespoke car skins from our admin team. If you are not registered and wish to take part we would love to accommodate you! See the links in the title bar for details.