Welcome to Round 5 of the WSS Europe and Asia GT3 Championship Powered by NRT Game servers. Both Series will visit Road America this week.
Road America is a permanent road course. It is located midway between the cities of Milwaukee and Green Bay.
The track is situated on 640 acres (2.6 km2) in Wisconsin’s Kettle Moraine and it is located near the Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive. It has hosted races since September 1955 and currently hosts over 400 events a year. Of its annual events, 9 major weekends are open to the public which include 3 motorcycle events including the MotoAmerica (AMA FIM) series, 3 vintage car events, Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) events, the United Sports Car Racing Series, the Pirelli World Challenge, and the NASCAR XFINITY Series.
Road America is one of only a handful of road circuits in the world maintaining its original configuration being 4.048 miles (6.515 km) in length and 14 turns. The track features many elevation changes, along with a long front stretch where speeds approaching 200 mph (320 km/h) may be reached. One of the best known features of this course is a turn on the backside known as “the kink.”
- Layout – We will be using the FULL layout. You can find the track here.
- Starting Procedure – At the green light, at pit limiter speed, proceed to the exit of turn 1 in single file. At this point (shown in the diagram) your race will start. Drivers should not overtake until after T1.
- Pits –Pit limit is 90 kph (56mph). On pit exit respect the white line and merge with caution. Be aware of cars exiting the pits.
- Sim Sync– As always please run SimSync before joining the server on Friday to make sure you are fully up to date with the latest skin additions.
- Other Notes –
- This is likely to be a race with a healthy field and a wide range of abilities. There have been some issues with driving quality in recent races and we expect that all drivers will have read our rules of conduct. We ask that you show humility and sportsmanship at all times. This is a friendly community.
- Please do not post in text chat while people are racing, this can be very distracting!
Round 5 of the World Simsports GT3 Europe Championship & World Simsports GT3 Asia Championship at Road America will start at 20:00 UTC on 8th February 2019 and 10:00 UTC on the 9th February respectively
Driver Stewards will be Simon Marshall and Johannes Karrer for both events.
Entries for the series are still possible, as are bespoke car skins from our admin team. If you are not registered and wish to take part we would love to accommodate you! See the links in the title bar for details.